2020 Opening Regulations and Conditions
2020 Opening Regulations and Conditions
The BC Health Officers order does not require facilities such as a golf course to close, as long as they can meet the requirements of physical distancing of 2 metres or more and demonstrate the ability to frequently clean and sanitize any commonly touched items.
Based on the Provincial Health Authority guidelines, the Northern Health Authority communications, golf industry, club management and member recommendations, the following procedures and expectations were drafted for the reopening of the course and practice facilities. This is Phase 1 of reopening with additional phases pending as we move towards full operations into the future.
We will continue to monitor risks associated with COVID-19 and may implement additional procedures and rules to ensure the health and well being of members, staff and the community.
- Physical distancing at all times is a requirement to utilize the golf course and facilities. Physical distancing is a minimum 2 metres (over 6 feet) throughout the property. Compliance of this primary requirement will be monitored.
- Members who have symptoms such as a cough, fever, difficulty breathing or if you have been in contact with someone with these symptoms, you must not come to the club and jeopardize others.
- Members returning from another country must self isolate for 14 days and not come to the club.
Members not complying with the Regulations and Conditions will be asked to leave the property immediately and a record of the infraction will be documented.
Keeping the course open is a shared responsibility.
Common Touch Points
- On the golf course (ball washers, fountains, rakes, etc.), practice areas (pins, rakes, baskets, etc) and around the clubhouse, common touch points have all been removed or disabled.
- Common touch points such as door handles, push plates, and the atm will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
Pro Shop and Clubhouse
- The clubhouse will be closed to start the season.
- Members that have already paid for lockers will be given a credit for the pro shop or a refund.
- Basic food and drinks will be available through the pro shop.
- The pro-shop will be locked to start the season, but transactions will be conducted through the window.
- For members that have paid their dues, a visual check-in with a staff member is acceptable.
- Only debit and credit cards will be accepted at this time.
- Cart rentals are available, one person per cart, with the exception of members from the same household. Carts must be returned before 7:00 pm. Carts will be washed and sanitized after each use.
- Practice Physical Distancing at all times.
- The board is currently working on policy to provide refunds to members should the course be closed. Details will be posted at the clubhouse once completed.
- Members are responsible to bring everything required for their round of golf (clubs, balls, gloves, towel, water, etc.) including personal sanitizers.
- Juniors under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult if golfing in groups.
- The adult may be a fourth if walking.
- Junior waivers must be completed prior to play.
- Please call to book a tee time.
- Tee time increments will be increased to 12 minutes.
- For opening week, play will be limited to members and punch card holders, and only the back 9 will be open for play.
- The course will be open to the public the following week.
- Maximum 3 players per tee time
- Please do not arrive more than 20 minutes before your tee time and avoid congregating at the pro shop window.
- After teeing off, ensure you pick up your used tee and don’t share it with others. Do not touch another member’s golf equipment or apparel. Do not touch the flagstick.
- If you were in a bunker, use your feet to level the sand out for your fellow members.
- The outhouses on #6 green and #11 green will be open and hand sanitizer provided.
- Members will have to enter their scores for handicap calculations online via their personal computer or through the Golf Canada app.
- The driving range will be closed to start the season.
- The putting green is limited to the tee time grouping. Cups will be filled to minimize contact.
- Contact John Pierce for details on lessons.