2021 COVID-19 Regulations and Conditions
2021 COVID-19 Regulations and Conditions
Amended April 1, 2021
The BC Health Officers order does not require facilities such as a golf course to close, as long as they can meet the requirements of physical distancing of 2 metres or more with face coverings being required when indoors, and demonstrate the ability to frequently clean and sanitize any commonly touched items.
Based on the Provincial Health Authority guidelines, the Northern Health Authority communications, golf industry, club management and member recommendations, the following procedures and expectations were drafted for the reopening of the course and practice facilities. This is Phase 2 of reopening with additional phases pending as we move towards full operations into the future.
We will continue to monitor risks associated with COVID-19 and may implement additional procedures and rules to ensure the health and well being of members, staff and the community.
- Physical distancing at all times is a requirement to utilize the golf course and facilities. Physical distancing is a minimum 2 metres (over 6 feet) throughout the property. Compliance of this primary requirement will be monitored.
- Face coverings are required when in the pro shop or club house, and may be removed when seated at the restaurant.
- Members who have symptoms such as a cough, fever, difficulty breathing or if you have been in contact with someone with these symptoms, you must not come to the club and jeopardize others.
- Members returning from another country must self isolate for 14 days and not come to the club.
- Hand sanitizer must be used upon entrance to the clubhouse.
Members not complying with the 2021 COVID-19 Regulations and Conditions will be asked to leave the property immediately and a record of the infraction will be documented. Keeping the course open is a shared responsibility.
Common Touch Points
- On the golf course (ball washers, fountains, rakes, etc.), practice areas (pins, rakes, baskets, etc) and around the clubhouse, common touch points have all been removed or disabled.
- Common touch points such as door handles, push plates, and the POS system will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- When possible avoid direct contact with common touch points.
Pro Shop and Clubhouse
- The clubhouse and restaurant are open with limited capacity based on Worksafe guidelines. Please speak with the Pro or restaurant manager if you have any questions or concerns regarding these guidelines.
- Max 6 people per table in the clubhouse and movement between tables is prohibited.
- The pro-shop is open, but limited to 1 patron at a time for merchandise sales. Other transactions should still be conducted through the window.
- Carts, range balls and equipment will be washed and sanitized after each use.
- Practice physical distancing of 2 meters at all times.
- For members that have paid their dues, please do a brief check-in at the window and confirm the names of your group.
- Juniors under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult if golfing in groups.
- The adult may be a fourth if walking.
- Junior waivers must be completed prior to play
- Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry into the club house. It is also strongly encouraged that everyone washes their hands according to the guidelines posted in the washrooms.
- Please call to book a tee time or book online.
- Tee time increments have been decreased to 10 minutes from 12 minutes.
- Maximum 4 players per tee time.
- Please do not arrive more than 20 minutes before your tee time and avoid congregating at the pro shop window.
- After teeing off, ensure you pick up your used tee and don’t share it with others. Do not touch another member’s golf equipment or apparel. Do not touch the flagstick.
- If you were in a bunker, use your feet to level the sand out for your fellow members.
- The outhouses on #6 green and #11 green will be open and hand sanitizer provided.
- Members will have to enter their scores for handicap calculations online via their personal computer or through the Golf Canada app.
- The driving range is now open with limited occupancy.
- The putting green is limited to the tee time grouping. Cups have been removed and replaced with tee pins.
- Contact the Pro, John Pierce, for details on lessons.