Finance and Administrative Coordinator
Smithers Golf & Country Club (SGCC) is a public golf course located in Smithers, British Columbia. The club was first established in 1931 and is operated by a non-profit society for the benefit of members, the public and the communities of the Bulkley Valley and surrounding areas. The course is typically open from late April until mid October and the club has strong membership support with over 480 members. Our goal at the SGCC is to create a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
Reporting to the General Manager and supporting the SGCC Board of Directors, the Finance and Administration Coordinator is responsible for providing bookkeeping and administrative services, creating and maintaining financial and administrative records and collaborating with the Pro Shop and Greens and Grounds departments to ensure the financial integrity of SGCC operations is consistently maintained. Knowledge and experience of full-cycle accounting, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and month/year-end reconciliations is necessary. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and highly organized.
The Finance and Administrative Coordinator is a part-time position with work hours varying based on golf course operations. Weekly hours could range from 7 in the winter to 21 during the golf season. The successful applicant will have significant freedom to create their own work schedule with the potential to partially work remotely if desired. Training will be provided and under-qualified applicants will be considered.
- Manage all operational bookkeeping aspects related to planning, directing, tracking and controlling financials. This includes sending out invoices to clients and overseeing billing processes, receiving and entering receipts and vendor bills, entering employee timesheets, issuing T4’s and Records of Employment, carrying out monthly bank and credit card reconciliations, and other related tasks as required.
- Prepare and verify preliminary yearend financial data to be submitted to the accountant for Year End Review.
- Work closely with the Board Treasurer and General Manager in proactively monitoring the annual budget and overall financial wellbeing of the club.
- Utilize the Pro Shop Lightspeed software program to reconcile critical data with Sage Accounting software ie merchandise purchased, inventory at month end, sales in all categories, etc.
- Assist in the onboarding of staff and creating and maintaining of personnel files.
- Ensure all files are organized and maintained and all office processes are streamlined for most efficient and effective operation.
- Monitor utility and other fixed operating costs and report inconsistencies to the GM.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and conduct daily bank deposits as required.
- Post-secondary credential in Bookkeeping/Accounting, or a related discipline; OR 2 years’ experience in a related position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Capital Asset Acquisitions and Disbursements.
- Self-directed with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with Sage accounting and Microsoft office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of Bookkeeping Theory and best practices.
- Ability to receive and implement feedback quickly and effectively.
- A Class 5 driver’s licence and vehicle is required for daily bank deposits and mail pickup.
- Wage of $25 - $30 per hour based on experience.
- Meal discount program
- Health Benefit Pool
- Golf Privileges
- Vehicle Allowance
If you are a motivated individual and want to be part of a dynamic and positive team, please forward your resume and cover letter via email to:
Smithers Golf and Country Club – Director of Golf Operations / Head Professional